"Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." ~Margaret Mead

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

15 March 2006
The day after telling a learner to leave my classroom, he asked me to tell him what he needed to do to be a better student. I told him that he needs to reflect on what he did and think of what he can do to be a better student in my class. The next day, I get the following letter,
Dear Courtney Lee.
I just wanna apologise of what happened yesterday. “I’m sorry 2006.” Sometimes I feel
betrayed and that the world around me hates me. By-the-way I would like to know why
did you waned me to go out of your class? I’m confused and start to loose self-control
please help me if possible. Tell me my weak points and what you think should be best of
Dr. Learner’s Name.
“EU TE AMO” – I am not sure if that is an attempt to speak Spanish (because the learners know I can speak Spanish) or if it is Portuguese. The learner is from Angola so Portuguese is his home language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home